looking at my stained mirror..

This blog will be more on stories and poetry made by my own imagination. Some may be based from my own experiences while some may be excerpts from other short stories and literature. Some of the following entries I made were not published according to the date they were written. Looking through a stained mirror, you will see a glimpse of me..

Monday, September 10, 2007

Memoirs of two hearts...

...and the worst part of it was I wasn't even worth fighting for!



Ouch. Her words sting like an arrow shot straight to my heart paralyzing my body. Yes, she was right. I lost all strength to stand up for her. I was overcome by cowardice. I don't know where I got my courage to face her right now. All I know was I was really dying to talk to her again. And now..



She's in front of me. Amidst the raindrops on her face, I can still trace the tears. What have I done now? Would it be better if I hadn't bulge in her life again? But I just can't forget her like that. What we've shared was something more intimate and something that just wouldn't fade.

I just want her to know that I still care a lot about her. I still love her. I miss her terribly. I have no intention on bringing up her hopes and failing it again. I just want her to know I'm still here..

She was shrugging me violently. I can't understand clearly what she's saying now. Her voice was being drowned with tears. But I have a clear idea that what she's saying is something out of agony.

The sight of her made me weak. I'm suffering and so was she. And it's all my fault. My knees felt so fragile. It went down abruptly. I was kneeling before her with my head facing the ground under the rain. I was hopeless. I started this, but now I can't stand it anymore.

I feel the rain turning back to drizzle until it subdued completely. The silence of the night was overcome by my sobs. I can hear it loudly amidst the cold night. She was still in front of me, standing quietly.

A long pause of awkward silence.

Then she bent down into my level. After a moment of silent reflection at last her lips moved.

I can't give you up.. I just can't knowing that we still feel the same.

My sobs ceased. Silence dominated again. Now I can hear her clearly.

If you can't fight for me, I'll be the one to fight for you!

With that he held my face and lifted my gaze. She was looking deep into my eyes and I was too looking at hers. I saw the strength. The strength I wished I possessed.

Why struggle apart if we can't fight together?

I saw a blazing hope. I saw an unconquerable courage in her brown teary eyes.

She might got the situation wrong. Maybe she didn't understand its seriousness. But then staring through those eyes I see an impenetrable soul. She clearly understands..

She smiled. And with that, I fell even deeper. Of all the people I knew, I never thought she would be the one to understand. I never thought she would be the one to pick me up. I never thought she would act like this- more matured and understanding.

We stood up holding each others arms. The rain had stopped and the heavy cloudsthat had once populated the sky gave way to the moon. And now the only sound was the sound of our hearts synchronized in every beat.

Holding her so tight in my arms, I would never let this go again. No. Not this time she was the one who initiate the move. Not this time I was given the chance again despite everything.

Holding her under the moonlight, I see all the reasons to fight for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home