looking at my stained mirror..

This blog will be more on stories and poetry made by my own imagination. Some may be based from my own experiences while some may be excerpts from other short stories and literature. Some of the following entries I made were not published according to the date they were written. Looking through a stained mirror, you will see a glimpse of me..

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Memoirs of two hearts..
The night was cold and i was alone. My thoughts were drifting as I headed into the park. I sat there in the spot where he and I used to pass the time during Saturday afternoons. And again, I reminisced the good old times that was left behind.

It was getting late but still I don't want to go home. The night chill was blending with my mood -- cold and melancholic. As I stare into nothingness, images flash before my eyes. I hear him speaking over and over again, whispering those sweetest lies.

Oh wait, was that his voice I'm hearing? I thought he called my name.

She was killing herself. Her family was threatening me.. I have no choice. I'm sorry...

And before I knew it, he was sitting besides me. With that cap on his head bowing down, I can still see the tears he was trying to hide. I wish I could symphatize with him. But my eyes have been dried up from that two week drama. He left me hanging without an explanation. Now two weeks had passed since then.

Knowing him, I wasn't expecting this. But it's true he was right beside me. It was just yesterday when I last saw him. Now I never thought that he would be here explaining. But I was skeptical about his explanation and everyhting he was saying. It was so stupid! But looking at him now, I don't know what to feel. All I know was that I felt this urge to embrace him and wipe his tears. But my heart got its own mind. I watch my hands caressing his back and hear my voice assuring him that everything's okay for me now. But the bitter truth was everything's not fine. That was so unfair. They were so unfair.

Can I.. can I hold your hand? He said weakly. But I was already reaching out mine.

And there we sat in awkward silence.

There are so many things that I would like to say. But I was stuck saying I'm ok, you don't have to worry about me. I'm tough right?

It was getting late and I really have to go home. But I don't want to leave him behind like that. I was scared about what he will do. He's used to going home around midnight and it was dangerous around the campus during those time. I was afraid he would waste himself drinking and dreaming again. I insisted on us going home together. But he insisted on being left behind.

I stood up against my will and let go his hand. He let go mine.

I turned my back on him and walked away without looking back. I stood with questions I was dying to ask and words I want him to hear. And there, I felt little drops forming in my eye. I wiped it before it fell with my hand still feeling the warmth of what may be the last touch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home